Endless Zombie Rampage Endless Zombie Rampage

really

an incredible game, great job!

The Sorrow of... Ibeza The Sorrow of... Ibeza

Terribly..

Underrated. Short, but there is a LOT of strong composition going on here. Love the counterpoint.

Mind checking out my latest, Satin Doll?

EraldoCoil responds:

I don't see how it's underrated if you wrote a review of it as soon as it came out, but thank you.

- ~ K o i r u - k u n ~ -

The Nu Demon The Nu Demon

Wow

1:18 to End is pretty amazing, IMO

Desert Journey Desert Journey

A bit too..

Western sounding for me.. at least in the sense that it's supposed to be a journey theme in the middle of the desert. Of course, when I think of desert, I think of the Middle East.. this would work in an American desert.

Anywho..

If you're aiming for a more middle eastern sound, I'd check out Maurice Jarre's score to "Lawrence of Arabia"..

This chord progression would work very nicely in a film like Avatar, or Braveheart. Epic, a foreign sound, but not necessarily belonging to any one culture.

The chord progression I usually use for an "arab" sound (using C for the root) will go..

C - Bb m - C# Maj

with a

C - C# - E - F - G - G# - B - C

scale playing on top of it.

Other than that, I think it's well produced, well arranged, the instruments sound authentic, reminds me of the desert race scene in the first Mummy movie, but not quite as fast.

It would def. work in a Mummy type setting, and my above is just my opinion.

BrokenDeck responds:

Wow, thanks for the in-depth review. It's for a desert that's not on our own world. So as long as it's ambiguously ethnic, it doesn't really have to follow a Middle East desert (which it wasn't). And yes! Another person on NG who knows who Maurice Jarre is, although I liked his score for Dr. Zhivago better.

Thanx! :D